Thursday, November 19, 2009

Just My Opinion Reviews - Brutal Legend (XBOX 360)

This was one of those games that I was waiting a while to play, why? Because it is truly awesome!

Brutal Legend is a game developed by the legendary Tim Schafer, you might remember him from the classic game Grim Fandango, as he brings you into a heavy metal fans wet dream. The story follows the roadie Eddie Riggs(voiced by Jack Black) as he is transported into the past by a demonic belt buckle he wears. The belt from hell takes Eddie into a past where demons and heavy metal control everything, including his guitar. I could go on about the story, but there is just too much to get into. All you really need to know is that the demons are lead by Emperor Doviculus(voiced by the godly Tim Curry) while helping Eddie is the resistance of humans (all voiced by metal legends - Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford, Lita Ford, and Lemmy Kilmister). Kyle Gass even makes an appearance, but that is only because he is friends with Jack Black and is a no talent asstard, so who really cares.

Gameplay is something that was kept almost entirely in the dark to me and a lot of the people I know. Even when the demo came out, I honestly thought that it was a hack and slash adventure, however, it was also an RTS in disguise. I have no problem with RTS games, one of my favourite games of all time is Warcraft II and is a RTS, but one thing that the consoles can’t do is a proper RTS. Mind you the RTS elements are not bad, but they are not perfect either. I think the game would have functioned a lot better as a hack and slash.

The Audio and Video are spectacular, environments that look like a Iron Maiden album cover, over 108 Metal Tracks, and Tim Curry...........need I say more.

The Multiplayer is exactly as I expected..........RTS, if you can’t stand a full RTS game, then do not, I repeat, DO NOT play the multiplayer in Brutal Legend.

Overall, the game is EPIC. Aside from the RTS elements, there is nothing bad about Brutal Legend. If you don’t agree with my review, just remember that this is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment